Monday, May 24, 2010

My Filmy Boss and His Business Philosophy

I was very excited about my new job as a blogger. But for my friends and family it was like one of the most stupid and dangerous decision I ever made. I asked one of my best buddy - “Kumar why the hell you thought it was stupid to work as a blogger”. He replied “because blogging needs creativity and wittiness and your height is too much to be Woody Allen.

It was not shocking at all. I know he is just another curious case of jealous monk and I continued. I started working as a blogger on FlipGraph and my days were just going fine. My every word was earning me a full bounty.

One day my boss invited me along with two other guys for dinner at his place. After dinner, we had a plan to watch back to back movies.

The Movie plan was kind of weird for me. I had heard some flying news about his Bollywood love but his love seemed a little bit doubtful to me (Woody Allen’s greatest advice was kind of boozing in my ears “Sex between two is good but between five it’s just awesome“)

A wake up call for me and I immediately called my friend cum advisor ‘Romie’ (He is like ‘Ashok Kumar’ of ‘Ek Choti Si Baat’ for me). He laughed and said (while rolling his eyes) - “It looks like your turn. Whenever boss needs to fire or promote someone, he always calls the victim for a movie at his place. Whats the deal with you??”

He further explained – “As you know he is big movie buff he will judge your performance and your ability by your movie choice.” After a silence of a minute or so, I asked Romie – “Did you also go through this kind of review before? Romie replied – “Yeah buddy, don’t worry about it and now that we are talking about it, let me tell you which movies you must avoid watching with your boss.

Well this might help you as well if you ever need to go through such a test!!


1. Golmaal(1979):- You are going to be trapped if you choose this. It shows you are not good in planning, your every plan has some loop holes. Remember Ram Prasad in this movie? Every bloody plan had a loop hole. It would reveal you are not able to tackle and cover up the most toughest situations, Remember Ram Prasad getting trapped while enjoying halwa? (Well I never thought this way about Golmaal)

2. Aitraaz(2004):- Want to watch it with boss? Most pathetic choice? If you agree with the theme of movie like Akshay not accepting the opportunities awarded to him, you are not a good business developer. You are not able to handle and lock good situations. You are morally weak in terms of business decisions. Hmmmmm……
.


3. Metro(2007):-If you have sympathy with Sharman Joshi in this movie, than pack your bags and go home. You are directly standing against your boss and you are too much into emotions while making decisions.


4. Waqt(1965):-If you enjoyed Balraj Sahani’s performance in the song ‘Ai meri zohrajabeen’,
it means you are sheer careless about your responsibilities. You are not a good strategist an
d your back-up plans are just garbage.


5. Baazigar(1993):- A Must watch with the boss. It shows a well, determined young mind (SRK acting as Vicky). He is ready to take risks, he uses his connections to bring the best business and more over his plans are flawless in terms of execution. The HR-policy of his father-in-law’s company shows how can 1 wrong guy recruited at a key position can ruin your whole business :-) .

Romie’s excellent explanations enlightened me completely. For now, I have shortlisted two movies to watch with him. 1) Avtaar (* Rajesh Khanna) AND 2) Avatar (*James Cameron). Any suggestions why and which one would be better? No? I would cover in my next post :-) .

Find exciting offers for My Filmy Boss and His Business Philosophy at :

http://www.flipgraph.com/product/dvds/DHIF0001N/2/BAAZIGAR

No comments:

Post a Comment